Passes and permits

This Anangu land and you are welcome. Look around and learn in order to understand Anangu and also understand that our culture is strong and alive. © Traditional owner

You can purchase your park pass at the entry station on your way into Uluru.

The reason we charge visitors for their use of the park, is to help us maintain infrastructure and the environment. Part of the park fee also goes back to Anangu traditional owners, to help them maintain their families and the Mutitjulu community.

For information on the park’s passes and permits for media, film crews, tourism operators and research purposes, please click here.

  • Park passes

    There are three different park passes available to visitors.

    Entry is free for children under 16 years of age. Schools who visit the park for educational purposes can apply for an exemption.

    • Standard three day pass | $25

      Visitors 16 years and over must purchase one of these passes to enter the park. The pass is valid for three consecutive days.

    • Annual individual ticket | $32.50

      These tickets are valid for one year from the date of issue. The pass covers entry into the Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park for the person identified on the pass. To purchase these tickets, you must present a form of identification. This will be required each time you enter the park.

    • Annual vehicle pass | $65

      These passes are only available to Northern Territory residents. It is valid for one year from the date of issue and covers all passengers in the car when entering Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park. To be eligible to purchase an annual vehicle pass you must have a Northern Territory drivers licence and registration. The pass is attached to the windscreen of your vehicle.

    • Entry fee exemption

      Schools and other community group who want to apply for an exemption to the entry fee must fill out an entry fee exemption form.

    Read more on park passesClose
  • Travelling outside of the park

    If you are travelling through the park on to Aboriginal land, including the Tjukaruru (Docker River), Gary Junction (Kintore), Sandy Blight and Glen-Helen-Papunya roads you will need a transit or entry permit from the Central Land Council.

    Read more on travelling outside the parkClose