Australian Plants as Bonsai Exhibition 2018
See a display of over 30 native bonsai highlighting the breadth and diversity of the use of Australian plants in the art of bonsai. Bonsai artists around Australia have been using Australian plants to create wonderful examples of the art of bonsai for many years
- View the bonsai on display
- Attend demonstrations at 2:00 pm each day, showcasing the techniques used, and considerations needed, when training Australian plants as bonsai.
- Join guided walks through the Gardens, and visit full-sized versions of species represented in the exhibition. Tours depart from Crosbie Morrison Building at 12:00 pm daily. Groups will be restricted to 15 participants.
- Vote for your favourite bonsai, and
- Purchase tickets in the raffle, with prizes being an Australian native bonsai and two books.
Presented by the Canberra Bonsai Society, the display includes works by Canberra-based and national artists, some from the personal collections of artists who are currently represented at the National Bonsai and Penjing Collection of Australia.
Phone: Jennifer 0418 618 470
17 March 9.30 am-4.30 pm and 18 March 9.30 am-4.00 pm. Demonstrations 2.00 pm daily. Guided walks 12.00 pm daily.
Crosbie Morrison Building. Follow the signs from the car park, Visitor Centre of Cafe
Adult: $5.00 Concession: $3.00 Accompanied children under 12: Free