Biodiversity Detectives-School Holiday Program
This event has finished
Biodiversity Detectives-School Holiday Program ended on Thursday 25 January 2018.
Visit the What's on page for current and upcoming events.
Fridays 26 October, 9 November, 18 January and 15 February, Times vary depending on sunset — Meet at the Crosbie Morrison amphitheatre
Join Irene Lorbergs from Canberra School of Photography for an exclusive three hour guided night photography workshop in the gardens. Learn how to 'paint with light' during sunset, dusk and the black of night.
Thursday 4 October to Monday 8 October, 9.30 am – 4.30 pm — Crosbie Morrison Building
Discover the best work of the Australian Capital Territory (ACT) Woodcraft Guild in the annual ACT Woodcraft Guild members’ competition and exhibition 2018.
Programs are currently full. To register your interest for future programs or be placed on a waiting list, please email email@example.com
This summer, kids can immerse themselves in the wonderful and intriguing world of nature and discovery in our new full-day hands-on science workshops.
Join scientists, rangers and species discovery experts for a unique day in the Gardens investigating the secret lives of bugs, reptiles, plants and more.
Each day, participants will investigate two different focal themes through a range of activities that may include exploration walks, collecting specimens, examination with lenses and microscopes, experiments, art, craft and planting. For kids ages 7–12 years.
Bookings essential. Click the dates and daily themes to book.
- SOLD OUT January 16, Seeds and Reptiles of the Land*
- SOLD OUT January 17, Pollination and Snakes*
- SOLD OUT January 18, Creepy Crawlies and Reptiles of the Water*
- SOLD OUT January 23, The Life of Plants and Insects of the Air
- SOLD OUT January 24, Fungi and Trees and Creepy Crawlies
- SOLD OUT January 25, Flowers and Underwater Critters
*Note: these sessions include a visit to the Snakes Alive exhibition (additional $4 entry fee applies).
Biodiversity Detectives Program Details
- Ages 7–12 years
- $70 per day (+$4 Snakes Alive entry fee on Jan 16, 17 and 18)
- Programs run from 9.00 am–4.30 pm with limited supervision available until 5.00 pm
- Groups are strictly limited to 20 participants per day
- All daily programs will involve walking on uneven ground within the Gardens and time spent both inside and outside
- All registrations will need to provide a completed Contact Details and Indemnity form before participating in the program. The form will be sent to the email used for registration prior to program commencement
- Please send enquiries to 6250 9505 or firstname.lastname@example.org
What you need to bring
- Lunch, morning tea and afternoon tea
- Water bottle
- Sun-sensible clothing, hat and sunscreen (several hours of each daily program will be outdoors)
- Raincoat (if wet weather)
- Strong safe shoes for walking and exploring.
Presented in partnership with Bush Blitz.
Tues, Wed and Thurs, 16, 17 and 18 Jan and 23, 24 and 25
$70 per day per child