Australian National Botanic Gardens re-opens to visitors. Read more
Who lives in the Gardens? Explore the different habitats of creatures big and small during a facilitated walk with a ranger.
Discover what makes each habitat a successful home for a range of Aussie animals.
Play with creatures made out of natural materials to investigate what different animals need from their environment.
You can also take a pack of natural materials away to make your own creatures back at school.
- ACSHE013: Science involves exploring and observing the world using the senses
- ACSSU002: Living things have basic needs, including food and water
- ACSIS011: Explore and make observations by using the senses
- ACSIS012: Share observations and ideas.
- ACSSU017: Living things have a variety of external features
- ACSSU211: Living things live in different places where their needs are met.
- ACSSU030: Living things grow, change and have offspring similar to themselves
- ACSIS037: Respond to and pose questions, and make predictions about familiar objects and events.