Pond-dipping: habitats and lifecycles (Preschool to Year 2)
Australian National Botanic Gardens re-opens to visitors. Read more
Get hands-on and dip for the weird and wonderful creatures that live in our freshwater ponds.
Explore the skimmers, slinkers and swimmers with magnifying glasses.
Can you figure out what the plants and animals are in your bucket?
Do you know who feeds on who and what they need to survive?
- ACSSU002: Living things have basic needs, including food and water
- ACSHE013: Science involves exploring and observing the world using the senses
- ACSIS012: Share observations and ideas.
- ACSSU017: Living things have a variety of external features
- ACSSU211: Living things live in different places where their needs are met
- ACSIS025: Participate in different types of guided investigations to explore and answer questions
- ACSIS213: Compare observations with those of others.
- ACSSU030: Living things grow, change and have offspring similar to themselves
- ACSIS041: Compare observations with those of others.