Try your luck for barramundi, tarpon and saratoga at this beautiful billabong with sandy beaches.
There are several spots to fish from the shore, but keep a careful watch for crocodiles amongst the waterlilies and don’t wade into the water.
Kakadu’s birdlife also love this paperbark-lined billabong so you’ll likely have cormorants, long-necked darters and a white-bellied sea eagle or two to share the solitude with.
There is a campsite with a drop toilet. This spot is about 6 km from Muirella Park on a dirt road so you’ll need a 4WD.
See it: June/July to December
Be Crocwise: Fishing and boating
- Ensure you observe all safety signs, and be aware that whenever you are near water in the park, there is a risk of crocs!
- Do not enter the water when fishing.
- Never lean over the edge of a boat, out on a tree limb or enter the water to retrieve snagged lures.
- When fishing from the bank fish five metres from the water’s edge.
- Saltwater crocodiles can attack people in boats, the smaller the boat the greater the risk.
- All non-powered vessels are prohibited in Kakadu…
- 4WD essential
- No boat ramp
Amenities at hub
- Park passes
- General store