Ranger guided activities
Ranger guided activities will be offered again in 2021
Please register your email below to keep up to date with the latest news regarding the program including activity dates and how to book.
Connect with Bininj/Mungguy country and culture as our park rangers guide you through some of Kakadu’s stunning sites.
For more information on ranger guided activities, please call the Bowali Visitor Centre in Jabiru on 08 8938 1120.
About ranger guided activities
Spend time with local Aboriginal artists learning how to weave or paint. Join a park ranger as they explain Kakadu’s diverse habitats and point out wildlife and significant plants. Explore rock art and occupation sites on a guided walk or learn more about our nature and culture at a fascinating slideshow.
All ranger guided activities are included in the cost of your park pass.
Please bring your park pass and visitor guide and arrive at your activity site 10 minutes early. See below for what to bring and other handy hints.
Art site talks and guided walks
- Meet rangers at the start of walking track or individual art site.
- Take water – one litre per hour, per person.
- Take a hat, sunscreen and insect repellent.
- Wear comfortable walking shoes.
- Bring your camera and/or binoculars.
- Look out for signage to direct you to your activity.
- Take a chair or groundsheet.
- Take insect repellent.
- Don’t forget your camera.
Take the first step
A journey of 1000 miles begins with a single click.
Enter your email to get free trip planning advice from Kakadu rangers.