Dinner by Clayton
TV personality and hatted Indigenous chef Clayton Donovan hosts a sumptuous four-course dinner at the Croc.
The force behind the legendary Jaaning Tree restaurant in Nambucca Heads, Clayton has attracted a mass of critical praise for his astonishingly creative native cuisine.
His focus these days is on pop-up restaurants and events, and we’re thrilled to have him crafting a unique grassroots menu especially for Taste of Kakadu.
Clayton’s culinary masterpieces will be complemented by the beautiful songs of multi award-winning singer-songwriter Shellie Morris. Former NT Australian of the Year and NAIDOC Artist of the Year, Shellie sings in 17 Aboriginal languages and has graced stages from New York to the Sydney Opera House.
This is an absolutely unmissable evening for anyone with a passion for food.
Dinner by Clayton – the menu
- citrus cured crocodile, miso, fingerlime, nori & sea bilte
- pickled vegetables, lemon myrtle ricotta, kakadu plum & quinoa
- braised water buffalo tongue, sardines, tomato compote, capers, en croute
- seared kangaroo, macadamia, spinach, kumera & chocolate
- seared barramundi, cous cous, botarga, citrus, leek & Pernod
- wallaby part-smoked in lemon myrtle, cauliflower, wattleseed carrots & sauce verde
- Magpie goose, beetroot, pearl barley, kale, charred broccoli
- Pepperberry & ginger panna cotta, quinoa rhubarb, rosella & a native dukkah
Meet the chef
Clayton Donovan is one of Australia’s best known Indigenous chefs and star of the ABC TV series Wild Kitchen.
Trained in commercial kitchens in Australia and the UK, Clayton draws on traditional Indigenous ingredients to create his trademark contemporary cuisine.
His Jaaning Tree restaurant earned its prestigious Good Food Guide hat with dishes like citrus-cured crocodile carpaccio and lemon myrtle-smoked kangaroo with chocolate jus.
Clayton will be sharing some of his latest food fusions with us at Taste of Kakadu 2018.
Stop dreaming and start doing
We're here to help you plan the adventure you've always dreamed of.
Take the first step – enter your email address and click "Let's Go"!
Also at Taste 2018
6.00–9.00 pm, Sunday 27 May — Location to be confirmed
Fervor uses locally-sourced native produce to create pop-up dining experiences in some of Australia’s most unusual locations.