Fisheries assistance and user engagement package
A $35 million package to assist industries and communities transition to the new Australian Marine Park management arrangements.
The Package includes:
- direct assistance to affected commercial fishers with a recent history of fishing in Australian Marine Parks as they transition their businesses to the new operating environment
- grants to help marine users and industries engage in marine park management
- support to encourage uptake of vessel monitoring systems.
Fishing Business Assistance
Direct assistance to affected commercial fishers with a recent history of fishing in Australian Marine Parks as they transition their businesses to the new operating environment.
In August 2018, the Director of National Parks released a Position Paper that set out information on the proposed Fishing Business Assistance program.
Following consultation with peak commercial fishing industry bodies, the Director of National Parks has amended the program to more effectively meet industry needs. These changes, and responses to issues raised by industry, are set out in the Fishing Business Assistance Grants – Consultation Report.
It is expected that the Fishing Business Assistance Program will open in February 2019.
Our Marine Park Grants
- The Our Marine Parks Grants program will consist of two competitive grant rounds with the objective of assisting marine industries and users engage in marine park management.
- Our Marine Park Grant Round will open in February 2019, at or around the same time as the Fishing Business Assistance Program.
- The first round, of $5 million, will be focused towards the fishing sector to further improve long-term sustainable fishing and conservation outcomes in the context of Australian Marine Parks.
- A second competitive round of Our Marine Park Grants will open in mid-2019, and will be available to all marine park users.
- More information will be made available via Grants Opportunity Guidelines to be released in February 2019.
Stay in touch
Subscribe to receive important updates about your marine parks. Enter your email address and click "join now".