Enter your arrival date:
Kakadu park passes
Kakadu has a seasonal pricing structure, with lower prices during our tropical summer from November to May.
100% of revenue is invested back into the park.
School groups and media famil tours can apply for a fee exemption.Find out about group exemptions
Where your money goes
100% of park pass revenue is invested directly back into the park.
This helps to provide the visitor services and facilities you enjoy, preservation of the World Heritage environment and cultural sites, as well as payments to the traditional owners, supporting their homelands, training, and business development.
The Kakadu park pass only contributes 7% to the running of Kakadu with the remaining funding coming from the Commonwealth Government.
Where to buy your pass
You can also buy your pass in the park, in Darwin, Annaburroo, Pine Creek or Emungalan.
You can buy a park pass at the following locations:
- Britz Darwin, 17 Bombing Rd, Winnellie Darwin
- Youthshack Hostel, 69 Mitchell St, Darwin
- Self Drive Shop, 440 Stuart Hwy, Winnellie, Darwin
- Bowali Visitor Centre - Kakadu National Park, Kakadu Highway, Jabiru
- Two Rivers Newsagency, Jabiru Shopping Plaza, Jabiru
- Cooinda Lodge, Kakadu Highway, Cooinda
- Aurora Kakadu, Arnhem Highway, South Alligator
- Lazy Lizard Caravan Park, 299 Millar Terrace, Pine Creek
- Pine Creek Railway Resort, 1 Railway Terrace Pine Creek
- Corroboree Park Tavern, Arnhem Highway, Emungalan
- Katherine Visitor Centre, Stuart Highway & Lindsay Street, Katherine
- Mary River Wilderness Retreat, Arnhem Highway, Humpty Doo
- Wildman Wilderness Lodge, Point Stuart Road, Mary River
There are a number of different permits that may be required depending on the reason for your visit. If you are conducting research, filming, bushwalk overnight or camping outside designated areas, you may need an additional permit.
Do you want to bushwalk overnight, or camp outside designated campsites? Contact us for a permit.
Are you planning to take photos for a commercial purpose (eg to sell or to promote your business)? You'll need a photography permit (but feel free to take as many personal happy snaps as you like!).
Are you conducting research? Contact us for a research permit.