Kakadu has a seasonal pricing structure, with lower prices during our tropical summer from November to May.
Where your money goes
Park pass revenue is invested directly back into caring for the park.
This helps to provide the visitor services and facilities you enjoy, preservation of the World Heritage natural and cultural sites, as well as payments to the traditional owners, supporting their homelands, training, and business development.
The Kakadu park pass only contributes 7% to the running of Kakadu with the remaining funding coming from the Commonwealth Government.
School groups and media famil tours can apply for a fee exemption.
Where to buy your pass
Buy your pass online, or you can also buy a park pass at the following locations:
- Britz Darwin, 17 Bombing Rd, Winnellie Darwin
- Youthshack Hostel, 69 Mitchell St, Darwin
- Self Drive Shop, 440 Stuart Hwy, Winnellie, Darwin
- Bowali Visitor Centre – Kakadu National Park, Kakadu Highway, Jabiru
- Two Rivers Newsagency, Jabiru Shopping Plaza, Jabiru
- Cooinda Lodge, Kakadu Highway, Cooinda
- Aurora Kakadu, Arnhem Highway, South Alligator
- Katherine Visitor Centre, Stuart Highway and Lindsay Street, Katherine
- Mary River Wilderness Retreat, Arnhem Highway, Humpty Doo
- Wildman Wilderness Lodge, Point Stuart Road, Mary River
You may need a permit depending on the reason for your visit. If you are conducting research, filming, bushwalking overnight or camping outside designated areas, you may need an additional permit.