Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park

You will need a permit to perform certain activities in Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park or visit Aboriginal land outside the park.

Activities in the park that require a permit include:

  • doing research
  • filming, taking photos or recording audio for commercial purposes (including artistic works)
  • hosting an event
  • running commercial tours or other activities

To check if you need a permit or to apply for one, please visit the Department of the Environment and Energy website.

Travelling outside the park

You will need a permit from the Central Land Council to visit or pass through Aboriginal land outside the national park. This includes the:

  • Tjukaruru Road
  • Gary Junction Road
  • Sandy Blight Road between Kintore and Docker River
  • Glen Helen-Papunya Road.

For more information, visit the Central Land Council’s permits page or contact Tourism Central Australia.