Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park

You need a park pass to visit Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park.

Park passes are valid for three days but can be extended to five days at no extra cost.

The money from your pass helps us maintain the park’s facilities and preserve its World Heritage sites.

Get your pass now

Terms and conditions

Where your money goes

Pie chart showing where Uluru-Kata Tjuta's revenue goes: 25% traditional owner payments, 40% operations, 15% ranger and cultural activities, 20% natural/cultural presentation All of the money from park passes is invested straight back into the park

Your entry fee helps us preserve Uluru-Kata Tjuta’s World Heritage–listed natural and cultural sites and provide better services and facilities for visitors.

The park’s traditional owners also benefit – a quarter of the revenue from park passes is used to support the Anangu’s homelands and provide training and business development.

Buy your pass instantly online

Using your park pass

Once you’ve bought your pass online, you can either print it out or save it to your phone for scanning at the park. Visitors with an iPhone can save the pass to the Wallet app on their phone and it will automatically appear on the lock screen as they approach the park.

When you get the the Uluru-Kata Tjuta entry station, use the left-hand lane and scan the QR code on your pass to open the gate. Easy!

Get started

What if you can’t buy a pass online?

Pre-purchasing your pass online is the quickest and easiest way to start your adventure in Uluru-Kata Tjuta.

If you can’t buy your pass online, you can pick one up at the entry station on your way into the park.

Free entry for schools and community groups

Australian school and community groups may be eligible for free entry to the park.

Apply for a park fee exemption

Additional permits

You need an additional permit to visit Uluru-Kata Tjuta if you are:

  • doing research
  • filming, taking photos or recording audio for commercial purposes (including artistic works)
  • hosting an event
  • running commercial tours or other activities

Check if you need a permit

Travelling outside the park

You will need a permit from the Central Land Council to visit or pass through Aboriginal land outside the national park. This includes the:

  • Tjukaruru Road
  • Gary Junction Road
  • Sandy Blight Road between Kintore and Docker River
  • Glen Helen-Papunya Road.

For more information, visit the Central Land Council’s permits page or contact Tourism Central Australia.

What are you waiting for?

Start your adventure now