You’ll see lots of native animals at Booderee, from sharing the shores with seals, to catching a glimpse of a swamp wallaby while out walking. Whale-watching is one of our most popular activities – head to the Cape St George Lighthouse for the best view.
Follow these handy hints to increase your chances of seeing Booderee’s abundant wildlife (while keeping yourself safe):
- Early morning and sunset are good times to see wildlife.
- Use a torch to look for nocturnal animals at night. Be careful not to shine strong spotlights onto sleeping birds.
- Look for clues showing where animals have been, especially tracks, droppings and scratchings.
- Animals are often heard before they are seen. Walk quietly, listen and watch for movement.
- Use binoculars to get a closer look.
- Look out for animals crossing roads, including lizards and snakes.
- Do not approach, disturb or feed wildlife.