Draft Management Plan 2022
The Australian National Botanic Gardens has prepared a draft management plan. The plan will set the direction for the future of the Gardens and guide its management for the next 10 years.
- DRAFT MANAGEMENT PLAN 2022 (pdf)
- Highlights of the DRAFT MANAGEMENT PLAN 2022 (pdf)
- Highlights of the DRAFT MANAGEMENT PLAN 2022(txt)
Next Steps for the Management Plan
The Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act (1999) requires the Director of National Parks to prepare a management plan for the Australian National Botanic Gardens. This process is undertaken every 10 years. The steps to prepare the new management plan include:
- A Have Your Say period occurred in February 2021 in developing the draft plan.
- The Director has prepared a draft plan, taking into account all comments from the public.
- The Director published the draft plan and extended an invitation to the Australian public to comment on the plan during the month of November 2021.
- The Director will consider all comments and may alter the plan.
- The plan will go through an approval process, including submission of the plan to the Minister for the Environment and it will be tabled in Parliament.
- The final plan will be released in September 2022.
For further information about the Australian National Botanic Gardens please continue to browse the website