Management Plan 2022
The Australian National Botanic Gardens (ANBG) current Management Plan 2022 was registered on the Federal Register of Legislative Instruments (FRLI) on 25 October 2022, coming into effect on 26 October 2022.
The plan will set the direction for the future of our significant botanic garden and national institution for the ten years from 2022.
Steps taken to prepare the Management Plan
The Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act (1999) requires the Director of National Parks to prepare a management plan for the Australian National Botanic Gardens. This process is undertaken every 10 years. The steps to prepare the Management Plan 2022 included:
- A Have Your Say period occurred in February 2021 in developing the draft plan.
- The Director prepared a draft plan, taking into account all comments from the public.
- The Director published the draft plan and extended an invitation to the Australian public to comment on the plan during the month of November 2021.
- The Director considered all comments and altered the plan where relevant.
- The plan underwent an approval process, including submission of the plan to the Minister for the Environment. The Plan was tabled in Parliament.
- The final plan was released in November 2022.
For further information about the Australian National Botanic Gardens please continue to browse the website