Visit the Gardens
TEMPORARY CLOSURE - AUSTRALIAN NATIONAL BOTANIC GARDENS
from 5 pm, Thursday 12 August.
In accordance with the ACT Government’s COVID-19 lockdown requirements, the Gardens is closed until further notice. We will continue to monitor the situation and to follow COVID-19 related health recommendations, and updates will be posted on our website and social media channels.
Please visit the ACT health website for further information at https://www.covid19.act.gov.au/. We look forward to welcoming you at the Gardens soon.
Only minutes from the centre of Canberra is the world’s most diverse collection of Australian plants – more than 4300 different species growing in a stunning bushland setting.
It’s a place where locals and visitors to our nation’s capital come to explore, learn, relax and enjoy time with friends or family in a tranquil natural environment.
Visit the Gardens to:
- Take a botanical journey across Australia from the coastal rainforests to the red centre.
- Have a picnic under the eucalypts or enjoy lunch with a view at the award-winning Pollen cafe.
- Wander the boardwalks and the many bush tracks, or join a guided tour to learn more about the Australian environment.
- Get a rosellas-eye view from the Paperbark Treehouse and discover the importance of biodiversity on the ‘Who Did That?’ children’s trail.
- Take in an exhibition at the gallery or attend one of our regular workshops and events.
The Gardens offer a great day out for families, couples and groups of all ages and abilities.
Download a map of the Australian National Botanic Gardens.