Kakadu is a bird lover's paradise – home to more than a third of Australia's bird species.
Join traditional owners, Parks Australia, scientists, local experts and BirdLife Australia to celebrate the Top End’s diverse birdlife during Kakadu Bird Week from 29 September to 7 October 2018.
Enjoy free birdwatching activities, learn from Top End researchers and traditional owners, and experience wetlands cruises, Aborginal bird experiences and more.
Be an early bird
Want to be the first to know about Bird Week events and discounts?
Enter your email address and click "sign up".
Go birding in a World Heritage area
Guests at Bird Week 2017 were treated to specialist lectures, cultural events and some of Australia's best birdwatching.
Take a look at our highlights gallery to see what we got up to.
Taken a great shot? Share your Bird Week photos with us on Instagram using the hashtags #seekakadu and #kbw2018.
Expert speakers. Extraordinary birdlife.
What's on in 2018
Here's a sneak preview of what to expect at Bird Week 2018:
- Amanda Lilleyman from Charles Darwin University talks about strategic planning for the far eastern curlew Threatened Species Recovery Hub
- Robin Leppitt, yellow chat researcher, Charles Darwin University,
- Birdwatching tours with expert local guide Luke Paterson from NT Bird Specialists
- Will Riddell, President of Birdlife Australia Raptor Group
- Aboriginal language teachers and authors from the Bininj Kunwok Language Project
- Aboriginal bird artists
- Sunset birdwatching cruises
- Community birdwatching walks and talks
- Kids ‘Bird World’ activities
- BirdLife Top End Branch
- Fundraising movie night
- And much more...
If you have any queries about Kakadu Bird Week, please send us an email and we'll help you out.
Want to know more?
Sign up for the latest Bird Week news.
Enter your email address and click "subscribe".
See birds from the wetlands to the stone country
Accomodation and meal deals
Our hotel partners have some very special discounts on offer for Bird Week attendees. Watch this space – there are more to come.
Mercure Crocodile Hotel, Jabiru
The Croc is offering a room-only rate of $199 (subject to availability) and a breakfast rate of $20 per person. They can provide an 'early bird' boxed breakfast to take out on morning tours.
Kakadu Lodge, Jabiru
Receive 10% off rooms at Kakadu Lodge in Jabiru.
To book, call 08 8979 2422 and quote 'Kakadu Bird Week’.
Please email email@example.com if you need any help planning your trip.
Flock to it!
Get the inside word on Bird Week events, discounts and more.
Enter your email address below and click "subscribe".