This large, deep billabong is lined with paperbark trees – a fantastic spot to unplug, drift and take time out.
If you throw out a line here you’re likely to find both barra or saratoga biting, though the joy of fishing is you never know what will happen next!
The top campground is open all year round, but the lower campground gets flooded in the tropical summer (November to March).
See it: All year round
Be Crocwise: Fishing and boating
- Ensure you observe all safety signs, and be aware that whenever you are near water in the park, there is a risk of crocs!
- Do not enter the water when fishing.
- Never lean over the edge of a boat, out on a tree limb or enter the water to retrieve snagged lures.
- When fishing from the bank fish five metres from the water’s edge.
- Saltwater crocodiles can attack people in boats, the smaller the boat the greater the risk.
- All non-powered vessels are prohibited in Kakadu.
Get travel advice from the experts
Take the worry out of trip planning with expert tips from Kakadu rangers.
Take the first step
A journey of 1000 miles begins with a single click.
Enter your email to get free trip planning advice from Kakadu rangers.