Alligator Billabong Campground
A popular billabong with local fishers and those who prefer a more secluded bush camping experience.
The turn off to Alligator Billabong is 2 km from Aurora Kakadu Resort where a 22 km 4WD track takes you through savanna woodlands to the billabong.
There are no facilities or defined camping areas and most visitors find a shaded area to set up camp.
There are no formed boat ramps but there is one boat launching opportunity.
Be Crocwise: Fishing and boating
- Ensure you observe all safety signs, and be aware that whenever you are near water in the park, there is a risk of crocs!
- Do not enter the water when fishing.
- Never lean over the edge of a boat, out on a tree limb or enter the water to retrieve snagged lures.
- When fishing from the bank fish five metres from the water’s edge.
- Saltwater crocodiles can attack people in boats, the smaller the boat the greater the risk.
- All non-powered vessels are prohibited in Kakadu…
This area is not recommended for rooftop tinnies.
- 4WD essential
Type of camping
- Camper trailers
- No caravans
- No drinking water
- No toilets
- No showers
- No rubbish bins
- No power
- No generators permitted
- Alcohol permitted
- No picnic area
- Fire pit
- Boat ramp
- No swimming pool
Amenities at hub
- Park passes
- General store