Bucket Billabong Campground
This secluded billabong is suited to those who enjoy really out of the way places.
The turn off to Bucket Billabong is 2 km from Aurora Kakadu Resort. At the end of a 20 km 4WD track through savanna woodlands you’ll arrive at the camping area. This remote location is popular with locals for fishing but is seldom used by travellers.
There are no facilities or defined camping areas. Most campers find a shaded area to set up camp.
There is no formed boat ramp but there are two boat launching opportunities.
This area is not recommended for rooftop tinnies.
Be Crocwise: Fishing and boating
- Ensure you observe all safety signs, and be aware that whenever you are near water in the park, there is a risk of crocs!
- Do not enter the water when fishing.
- Never lean over the edge of a boat, out on a tree limb or enter the water to retrieve snagged lures.
- When fishing from the bank fish five metres from the water’s edge.
- Saltwater crocodiles can attack people in boats, the smaller the boat the greater the risk.
- All non-powered vessels are prohibited in Kakadu.
- 4WD essential
Type of camping
- Camper trailers
- No caravans
- No drinking water
- No toilets
- No showers
- No rubbish bins
- No power
- No generators permitted
- Alcohol permitted
- No picnic area
- Fire pit
- Boat ramp
- No swimming pool
Amenities at hub
- Park passes
- General store