Djarradjin Billabong (Muirella Park) Campground
Muirella Park is ideal for fishers, wildlife observers and those looking for a centrally-located base camp to explore the far reaches of Kakadu.
From here both the north and south of the park are within reach for day trips.
You can fish for a big barramundi or saratoga, do a bit of crocodile spotting or just relax and enjoy the magnificent birdlife.
Be Crocwise: Fishing and boating
- Ensure you observe all safety signs, and be aware that whenever you are near water in the park, there is a risk of crocs!
- Do not enter the water when fishing.
- Never lean over the edge of a boat, out on a tree limb or enter the water to retrieve snagged lures.
- When fishing from the bank fish five metres from the water’s edge.
- Saltwater crocodiles can attack people in boats, the smaller the boat the greater the risk.
- All non-powered vessels are prohibited in Kakadu…
Type of camping
- Camper trailers
Adults: $15.00 per night
Children: $7.50 per night
Families: $38.00 per night
- Drinking water
- Toilets (flushing)
- Showers (hot water)
- Rubbish bins
- No power
- No generators permitted
- Alcohol permitted
- Picnic area (tables only)
- Fire pit
- Boat ramp
- Swimming pool
Distance to hub
Amenities at hub
- Park passes
- General store