Four Mile Hole Campground
Four Mile Hole Billabong is a popular fishing spot for locals. Travellers are welcome but don’t often venture out here.
The turn-off to the billabong is 2 km from the Kakadu entry station where a 30 km 4WD track through savanna woodlands will bring you to a camping area.
There are no facilities or defined camping areas. Visitors find shaded areas to set up camp.
There’s no formed boat ramp but there are boat launching opportunities.
This area is not recommended for rooftop tinnies.
Be Crocwise: Fishing and boating
- Ensure you observe all safety signs, and be aware that whenever you are near water in the park, there is a risk of crocs!
- Do not enter the water when fishing.
- Never lean over the edge of a boat, out on a tree limb or enter the water to retrieve snagged lures.
- When fishing from the bank fish five metres from the water’s edge.
- Saltwater crocodiles can attack people in boats, the smaller the boat the greater the risk.
- All non-powered vessels are prohibited in Kakadu.
- 4WD essential
Type of camping
- Camper trailers
- No caravans
- No drinking water
- No toilets
- No showers
- No rubbish bins
- No power
- No generators permitted
- No alcohol permitted
- No picnic area
- Fire pit
- Boat ramp
- No swimming pool