Jim Jim Billabong campground
This stunning campsite is a lovely fishing spot and a great place to catch barramundi.
This is a wonderful location to explore Kakadu’s beautiful wetlands while being close to Cooinda – just 6 km away.
Be Crocwise: Fishing and boating
- Ensure you observe all safety signs, and be aware that whenever you are near water in the park, there is a risk of crocs!
- Do not enter the water when fishing.
- Never lean over the edge of a boat, out on a tree limb or enter the water to retrieve snagged lures.
- When fishing from the bank fish five metres from the water’s edge.
- Saltwater crocodiles can attack people in boats, the smaller the boat the greater the risk.
- All non-powered vessels are prohibited in Kakadu.
Get travel advice from the experts
Take the worry out of trip planning with expert tips from Kakadu rangers.
- Not open today
- 4WD recommended
See the access report for more details.
Type of camping
- Camper trailers
- No caravans
Adults: $6.00 per night
Children: $3.00 per night
Families: $15.00 per night
- No drinking water
- Toilets (pit)
- No showers
- No rubbish bins
- No power
- No generators permitted
- No alcohol permitted
- No picnic area
- Fire pit
- Boat ramp
- No swimming pool
Distance to hub
Amenities at hub
- Park passes
- General store
Take the first step
A journey of 1000 miles begins with a single click.
Enter your email to get free trip planning advice from Kakadu rangers.