Bush camping at its best, Maguk offers quiet surrounds a short walk from one of Kakadu’s most popular plunge pools.
This is the perfect place to stay before heading off for a day of waterplay in Maguk’s stunning plunge pools. Reach the pools via a 1 km walk through lush monsoon rainforest and across a rocky creek bed.
Then head back to camp when you’re ready for a feed and a Kakadu sunset!
Be Crocwise: Swimming
- Ensure you observe all safety signs, and be aware that whenever you are near water in the park, there is a risk of crocs!
- Kakadu has Crocodile Management Zones to minimise risk to humans. Even in these zones you should be cautious.
- Crocodile warning signs and Crocodile Management Zones are not found everywhere.
Get travel advice from the experts
Take the worry out of trip planning with expert tips from Kakadu rangers.
- Open today - Forecast closure 01 December 2020, unless heavy rainfall requires an earlier seasonal closure. Walking trail to the top remains closed.
- 4WD essential
See the access report for more details.
Type of camping
- Camper trailers
- No caravans
Adults: $6.00 per night
Children: $3.00 per night
Families: $15.00 per night
- No drinking water
- Toilets (pit)
- No showers
- No rubbish bins
- No power
- No generators permitted
- No alcohol permitted
- Picnic area (tables only)
- Fire pit
- No boat ramp
- No swimming pool
Distance to hub
Amenities at hub
- Park passes
- General store
Take the first step
A journey of 1000 miles begins with a single click.
Enter your email to get free trip planning advice from Kakadu rangers.