An ideal base for bushwalking along the East Alligator River and perfect for campers who want to enjoy a famous sunset from the top of Ubirr.
The spacious and shady setting is just 3 km from the famous Ubirr rock art site so it’s an ideal base for exploring Ubirr and Arnhem Land.
Meanwhile, the campground provides a short scenic walk through rock formations and down to Cahills Crossing where you can do a bit of crocodile spotting.
Be Crocwise: Swimming
- Ensure you observe all safety signs, and be aware that whenever you are near water in the park, there is a risk of crocs!
- Kakadu has Crocodile Management Zones to minimise risk to humans. Even in these zones you should be cautious.
- Crocodile warning signs and Crocodile Management Zones are not found everywhere.
Get travel advice from the experts
Take the worry out of trip planning with expert tips from Kakadu rangers.
- Open today - Camping fees apply
See the access report for more details.
Type of camping
- Camper trailers
Adults: $15.00 per night
Children: $7.50 per night
Families: $38.00 per night
- No drinking water
- Toilets (flushing)
- Showers (hot water)
- Rubbish bins
- No power
- No generators permitted
- Alcohol permitted
- Picnic area (tables only)
- Fire pit
- No boat ramp
- No swimming pool
Distance to hub
Amenities at hub
- Park passes
- General store
Take the first step
A journey of 1000 miles begins with a single click.
Enter your email to get free trip planning advice from Kakadu rangers.