Red Lily Billabong Campground
Here you’ll find a collection of three secluded campgrounds suited to adventurous travellers.
These sites are popular with local fishers but rarely used by those unfamiliar with the region.
Two kilometres from Aurora Kakadu Resort there’s a turnoff that takes you down an 18 km track through savanna woodlands to three billabongs. The first is Red Lily Billabong. Bucket Billabong is a further 2 km down the track, closely followed by Alligator Billabong.
You won’t find facilities or defined camping areas so just pick a shady spot near one of the fireplaces to set up camp.
There is no boat ramp, so you’ll need to launch straight off the bank.
Be Crocwise: Fishing and boating
- Ensure you observe all safety signs, and be aware that whenever you are near water in the park, there is a risk of crocs!
- Do not enter the water when fishing.
- Never lean over the edge of a boat, out on a tree limb or enter the water to retrieve snagged lures.
- When fishing from the bank fish five metres from the water’s edge.
- Saltwater crocodiles can attack people in boats, the smaller the boat the greater the risk.
- All non-powered vessels are prohibited in Kakadu…
Type of camping
- No camper trailers
- No caravans
- No drinking water
- No toilets
- No showers
- No rubbish bins
- No power
- No generators permitted
- No alcohol permitted
- No picnic area
- No fire pit
- No boat ramp
- No swimming pool
Amenities at hub
- Park passes
- General store