Four Mile Hole
A scenic waterhole that’s perfect for a peaceful fishing trip, far away from work, bills and responsibilities.
Come alone for some quiet time out on the water, or bring some mates for a cracking camp-out.
The large open billabong is good for trolling and casting for barramundi and saratoga. The area opens later than Two Mile Hole, depending on the water levels after the tropical summer floods.
Find it about 48 km from the Arnhem Highway by dirt road (38 kms further along from Two Mile Hole).
Just be aware that because of the croc risk, you can’t camp within 50 m of the water’s edge.
See it: June to October/November
Be Crocwise: Fishing and boating
- Ensure you observe all safety signs, and be aware that whenever you are near water in the park, there is a risk of crocs!
- Do not enter the water when fishing.
- Never lean over the edge of a boat, out on a tree limb or enter the water to retrieve snagged lures.
- When fishing from the bank fish five metres from the water’s edge.
- Saltwater crocodiles can attack people in boats, the smaller the boat the greater the risk.
- All non-powered vessels are prohibited in Kakadu.