This beautiful billabong behind Cooinda is a great spot to land famous Kakadu species barramundi and saratoga.
Settle beneath the overhanging paperbarks and marvel at the water so clear you can see the fish beneath you!
In the tropical summer (November to April), a channel provides access to Yellow Water and the South Alligator River.
To stop the spread of salvinia, rangers have closed the route from Home Billabong to Mardugal Billabong.
The dirt boat ramp can be accessed most of the year.
See it: All year round
Be Crocwise: Fishing and boating
- Ensure you observe all safety signs, and be aware that whenever you are near water in the park, there is a risk of crocs!
- Do not enter the water when fishing.
- Never lean over the edge of a boat, out on a tree limb or enter the water to retrieve snagged lures.
- When fishing from the bank fish five metres from the water’s edge.
- Saltwater crocodiles can attack people in boats, the smaller the boat the greater the risk.
- All non-powered vessels are prohibited in Kakadu…