Jim Jim Billabong
A really pretty wetlands fishing spot with a good chance of catching a barra.
This is a popular spot with young and old alike, and the boat ramp is at the campground so you’re all set for a family bonding trip and a delicious cook-up at the end of a day out on the water!
Turn off the Kakadu Highway onto the Jim Jim Billabong Road. There’s about 3 km of dirt road on the way there (4WD recommended).
See it: April/May to November
Be Crocwise: Fishing and boating
- Ensure you observe all safety signs, and be aware that whenever you are near water in the park, there is a risk of crocs!
- Do not enter the water when fishing.
- Never lean over the edge of a boat, out on a tree limb or enter the water to retrieve snagged lures.
- When fishing from the bank fish five metres from the water’s edge.
- Saltwater crocodiles can attack people in boats, the smaller the boat the greater the risk.
- All non-powered vessels are prohibited in Kakadu.
Get travel advice from the experts
Take the worry out of trip planning with expert tips from Kakadu rangers.
Take the first step
A journey of 1000 miles begins with a single click.
Enter your email to get free trip planning advice from Kakadu rangers.