A beautiful billabong for boat fishers. This can be a tougher spot to catch fish than some of the other billabongs so head out if you like a challenge!
There is no safe fishing from the shore so a boat is essential. Once you’re out on the water catch yourself a big juicy barra, or perhaps a saratoga – if it doesn’t jump your hook.
Muirella Park campsite is nearby, with showers and toilets, so stay a night or two, soak up country and reconnect with all that’s great in life!
See it: May to December
Be Crocwise: Fishing and boating
- Ensure you observe all safety signs, and be aware that whenever you are near water in the park, there is a risk of crocs!
- Do not enter the water when fishing.
- Never lean over the edge of a boat, out on a tree limb or enter the water to retrieve snagged lures.
- When fishing from the bank fish five metres from the water’s edge.
- Saltwater crocodiles can attack people in boats, the smaller the boat the greater the risk.
- All non-powered vessels are prohibited in Kakadu.
Get travel advice from the experts
Take the worry out of trip planning with expert tips from Kakadu rangers.
- Open today
See the access report for more details.
- No boat ramp
Amenities at hub
- Park passes
- General store
Take the first step
A journey of 1000 miles begins with a single click.
Enter your email to get free trip planning advice from Kakadu rangers.