Red Lily Billabong
This pretty billabong is perfect for trolling and casting for barramundi and saratoga.
You’ll enjoy the displays from the varied birdlife amid the red lilies along the water’s edge, and there’s a large open area for camping, or you can pitch a tent further back under the trees.
Reach it on the south side of the Arnhem Highway, about 25 km down a dirt road.
See it: June to November
Be Crocwise: Fishing and boating
- Ensure you observe all safety signs, and be aware that whenever you are near water in the park, there is a risk of crocs!
- Do not enter the water when fishing.
- Never lean over the edge of a boat, out on a tree limb or enter the water to retrieve snagged lures.
- When fishing from the bank fish five metres from the water’s edge.
- Saltwater crocodiles can attack people in boats, the smaller the boat the greater the risk.
- All non-powered vessels are prohibited in Kakadu.
Get travel advice from the experts
Take the worry out of trip planning with expert tips from Kakadu rangers.
Take the first step
A journey of 1000 miles begins with a single click.
Enter your email to get free trip planning advice from Kakadu rangers.