Mardugal Two Campground
Mardugal Two Campground is a pretty camping spot with lots of wildlife. Close to Cooinda, it’s a great staging ground for fishing and day trips to the Jim Jim and Mary River regions.
The campground has its own showers and toilets but shares other facilities with its neighbour, Mardugal One. The boat ramp is about 500 m away.
Agile wallabies are abundant during the day, and large colonies of bats can be seen in the evening.
Be Crocwise: Fishing and boating
- Ensure you observe all safety signs, and be aware that whenever you are near water in the park, there is a risk of crocs!
- Do not enter the water when fishing.
- Never lean over the edge of a boat, out on a tree limb or enter the water to retrieve snagged lures.
- When fishing from the bank fish five metres from the water’s edge.
- Saltwater crocodiles can attack people in boats, the smaller the boat the greater the risk.
- All non-powered vessels are prohibited in Kakadu.
Get travel advice from the experts
Take the worry out of trip planning with expert tips from Kakadu rangers.
Type of camping
- Camper trailers
- No caravans
Adults: $15.00 per night
Children: $7.50 per night
Families: $38.00 per night
- No drinking water
- Toilets (flushing)
- Showers (hot water)
- Rubbish bins
- No power
- Generators permitted
- Alcohol permitted
- Picnic area (BBQ)
- Fire pit
- Boat ramp
- No swimming pool
Distance to hub
Amenities at hub
- Park passes
- General store
Take the first step
A journey of 1000 miles begins with a single click.
Enter your email to get free trip planning advice from Kakadu rangers.