Mardugal Two Campground
Mardugal Campground is a pretty camping spot with lots of wildlife to be seen.
The campground has its own showers and toilets and shares other facilities with its campground neighbour – Mardugal One – with the boat ramp 500 m away.
Close to Cooinda, it’s a great staging ground for fishing and day trips to the Jim Jim and Mary River regions.
At both sites agile wallabies are abundant during the day and large colonies of bats can be seen in the evening.
Stroll along the Gungardun woodlands walk or the Mardugal Billabong walk and don’t forget to take your binoculars and camera.
Be Crocwise: Fishing and boating
- Ensure you observe all safety signs, and be aware that whenever you are near water in the park, there is a risk of crocs!
- Do not enter the water when fishing.
- Never lean over the edge of a boat, out on a tree limb or enter the water to retrieve snagged lures.
- When fishing from the bank fish five metres from the water’s edge.
- Saltwater crocodiles can attack people in boats, the smaller the boat the greater the risk.
- All non-powered vessels are prohibited in Kakadu…
Type of camping
- No camper trailers
- No caravans
Adults: $15.00 per night
Children: $7.50 per night
Families: $38.00 per night
- No drinking water
- Toilets (flushing)
- Showers (hot water)
- No rubbish bins
- No power
- Generators permitted
- Alcohol permitted
- Picnic area (BBQ)
- Fire pit
- No boat ramp
- No swimming pool
Distance to hub
Amenities at hub
- Park passes
- General store