Mardugal One Campground
Along with its neighbour, Mardugal Two, this seasonal campsite has all the facilities you need in a comfortable base to explore Kakadu.
The managed campground is about 6 km from Cooinda and is a great staging ground for day trips to the Jim Jim and Mary River regions or to launch your boat and go fishing.
Here you can enjoy encounters with Kakadu’s wildlife – agile wallabies are abundant during the day and there are large colonies of bats nearby in the evening.
Fishers can use the boat ramp to access Mardugal Billabong, where barramundi and saratoga are often biting.
Be Crocwise: Fishing and boating
- Ensure you observe all safety signs, and be aware that whenever you are near water in the park, there is a risk of crocs!
- Do not enter the water when fishing.
- Never lean over the edge of a boat, out on a tree limb or enter the water to retrieve snagged lures.
- When fishing from the bank fish five metres from the water’s edge.
- Saltwater crocodiles can attack people in boats, the smaller the boat the greater the risk.
- All non-powered vessels are prohibited in Kakadu…
Type of camping
- Camper trailers
Adults: $15.00 per night
Children: $7.50 per night
Families: $38.00 per night
- No drinking water
- Toilets (flushing)
- Showers (hot water)
- Rubbish bins
- No power
- Generators permitted
- Alcohol permitted
- No picnic area
- No fire pit
- Boat ramp
- No swimming pool
Distance to hub
Amenities at hub
- Park passes
- General store