Maps and spatial data
Use the links below to explore and download the available maps and spatial data for Australian Marine Parks.
Australian Marine Parks maps for your navigational plotter
When you’re out fishing, it is important that you’re aware of the marine parks, their zones and how the rules of a zone might impact on your activities.
The easiest way to stay compliant on the water is to make sure marine park boundaries and zones are showing on your plotter!
Check to see what chart updates your plotter manufacturer is offering – we have worked with a number of companies to make sure Australian Marine Parks information is included.
You can also download the maps in a variety of file formats to suit different plotters:
- Head to the Australian Marine Parks zoning data page.
- Click on ‘Download’ in the top menu.
- Click the appropriate zip file for your region and it will download to your computer.
- Upload these files to your plotter.
Our maps are developed on World Geodetic Spheroid 1984 or WGS84. This is the default datum setting used by most plotters, but if you’re having trouble loading the files, check your plotter setting. If your plotter is set to GD94, change it to WGS84 to ensure your chart and plotter settings match!
If you’re still having an issue, we’re here to problem solve with you – drop us an email and one of the team will be in touch to help you.
Australian Marine Park zoning data is also available via a web service (WMS). To access the web services you will need access to software which can communicate with the web services, such as an online web portal or a GIS application.
If you have any difficulties with these electronic files or require a different file format, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Australian Marine Parks – a map showing all the networks and marine parks.
- Coral Sea Marine Park
- North Network
- North-west Network
- South-west Network
- South-east Network
- Temperate East Network
Recreational fishing apps
Information about where you can recreationally fish in Australian Marine Parks is available on these mobile phone apps:
- for waters next to South Australia download the SA Recreational Fishing Guide App
- for waters next to New South Wales download the FishSmart App
- for waters next to the Northern Territory download the Fishing Mate App
- for waters next to Western Australia download the Recfishwest App.
Parks Australia is working with other partners to increase the number of mobile phone applications that contain information to help recreational fishers understand where they can fish.
For further information about the zones and rules in each marine park, check the factsheets on each network.
Stay in touch
Subscribe to receive important updates about your marine parks. Enter your email address and click "join now".