Our Marine Parks Grants
Supporting organisations to engage in the management of Australian Marine Parks.
Australia boasts one of the largest networks of marine parks in the world, with 60 Australian Marine Parks managed by Parks Australia located around the Australian coastline, protecting our offshore marine environment. Australian Marine Parks are places of exceptional biodiversity and cultural value. They are also places of recreation and support the livelihoods of Australians by creating jobs in the tourism and fishing sectors.
The Our Marine Parks Grant Program is investing in the long-term health of Australia’s Marine Parks, providing opportunities for regional communities, First Nations organisations, the tourism sector, scientists, recreational and commercial fishing and the seafood industry to:
- increase engagement in the management of Australian Marine Parks
- support the aspirations of First Nations peoples to manage their traditional Sea Country
- improve sustainability in fishing practices to support the objectives of Australian Marine Park management plans
- undertake practical and innovative activities that support and improve park management and conserve and protect marine species and habitats
- engage in marine park management and improve knowledge and understanding of Australian Marine Parks.
Round Four of Our Marine Parks Grants
Applications for round four of the Our Marine Parks Grants program are now closed. Thank you to those organisations who submitted applications, they are currently under assessment.
Grant funding of $8.6 million is available to support organisations to build their capacity and take an active role in the management of Australian Marine Parks, support evidence-based decision making, and improve ecosystem health. Projects are due to commence in mid-2024.
Previous rounds of Our Marine Parks Grants
Rounds one, two and three of the Our Marine Parks program saw a combined investment of $19.6 million into 64 projects and the delivery of some outstanding marine conservation outcomes. These include increased engagement in the management of Australian Marine Parks, improved sustainability of fishing practices, and improved knowledge of Australian Marine Parks.
Find out more about our successful grant recipients:
Stay in touch
Subscribe to receive important updates about your marine parks. Enter your email address and click "join now".