East Marine Bioregional Plan Bioregional Profile – A Description of the Ecosystems, Conservation Values and Uses of the East Marine Region
Department of the Environment, Water, Heritage and the Arts, 2009.
Caution: archived content
This content may have been superseded, or served a particular purpose at a particular time. It may contain references to activities or policies that have no current application. Many archived documents may link to web pages that have moved or no longer exist, or may refer to other documents that are no longer available.
- East Marine Bioregional Plan Bioregional Profile (PDF - 15.54 MB)
- East Marine Bioregional Plan Bioregional Profile (RTF - 2.15 MB)
About the profile
The East Bioregional Profile is the starting point for developing a Marine Bioregional Plan.
The Profile focuses on the natural assets of the East Marine Region, describes its ecological characteristics, outlines its conservation values and explains how new marine reserves will be identified.
Additionally, it provides a broad description of the human activities that take place in the region.
The Bioregional Profile summarises information detailed in a number of reports produced through the marine bioregional planning process.
These reports have been made available to assist in better understanding the East Marine Region and do not necessarily reflect the views of the government or indicate a commitment to a particular course of action.
Download chapters of the report
- Ministerial Foreword, Contents, Preface and Executive Summary
- Chapter 1 - Introduction
- (PDF - 278 KB)
- (RTF - 25 KB)
- Chapter 2 - The Marine Environment of the East Marine Region
- Chapter 3 - Conservation Values of the East Marine Region
- Chapter 4 - Establishing New Marine Protected Areas in the East Marine Region
- Chapter 5 - human Activities in the East Marine Region
- Chapter 6 - Developing an East Marine Bioregional Plan: Next Step
- Appendix A - International Conservation and Agreements on the Marine Environment
- Appendix B - An Overview of the Legislative Framework for Environmental Protection and Biodiversity Conservation in Commonwealth Waters
- Appendix C - Nationally Protected Species in the East Marine Region
- Appendix D - East Marine Region Protected Species Group Reported Cards
- Appendix E - Technology and Equipment, Acronyms and Abberviations, Glossary
Stay in touch
Subscribe to receive important updates about your marine parks. Enter your email address and click "join now".